South Africa led a motion in the UN Human Rights Commission, which is about as effective an institution as the SA Human Rights Commission, to take “no action” on Zimbabwe. The Conservative party in the UK now wants a vote condemning Mugabe’s government, in the Security Council… (that’ll show him).
Oh, sad the day when the Conservative Party can show up the ANC’s lack of commitment to human rights. But at least someone is.
Tories call for tougher stand against Mugabe
AboutThis is an unfocused catch-all personal blog written by a South African environmental journalist living in Cape Town. My professional blog is Leaves of language.
Random and best posts
- How to use as little cellular data as possible when tethering to your cellphone
- Misleading claims from 1 Life
- Being cheated by Afrihost ISP
- Resolving problems with Airport Express (first generation)
- WD passport drive not visible or mounting
- Airport Express not connecting to wifi network
- Buddhism and economics
- How to fight South African spam (uninvited bulk email)
- A care plan for living with bipolar depression – how you can help
- Notes on bipolar depression
- Bipolar disorder and why we hate taking the pills
- @USEmbassySA Shame, shame, shame on you for tormenting children. nytimes.com/2018/06/18/us/… 2 days ago
- @USEmbassySA Perhaps you should be more inspired by the amazing young people of Latin America, instead of ripping them from their parents. 2 days ago
- Oh, thank you so much for working to increase climate change's deadly impact on our region by encouraging increased… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Everything that’s here