The United States cannot be possibly be compared with Nazi Germany. Does that make its war on Iraq more excusable, or all the more reprehensible?
“[Foreign Minister Joachim von] Ribbentrop informed us that the war against the Soviet Union would start that same day and asked the German press to present the war against the Soviet Union as a preventative war for the defense of the fatherland, as a war which was forced upon us through the immediate danger of an attack of the Soviet Union against Germany. The claim that this was a preventative war was later repeated by the newspapers which received their instructions from me during the usual daily parole of the Reich Press Chief. I, myself, have also given this presentation of the cause of the war in my regular broadcasts.” – The Nazi propagandist, Hans Fritzche, testifying before the Nuremburg tribunal.
AboutThis is an unfocused catch-all personal blog written by a South African environmental journalist living in Cape Town. My professional blog is Leaves of language.
Random and best posts
- How to use as little cellular data as possible when tethering to your cellphone
- Misleading claims from 1 Life
- Being cheated by Afrihost ISP
- Resolving problems with Airport Express (first generation)
- WD passport drive not visible or mounting
- Airport Express not connecting to wifi network
- Buddhism and economics
- How to fight South African spam (uninvited bulk email)
- A care plan for living with bipolar depression – how you can help
- Notes on bipolar depression
- Bipolar disorder and why we hate taking the pills
- Sweden’s biggest pension fund #divests cleantechnica.com/2017/06/18/swe… #climatechange 3 days ago
- @CapeTownTrains Violence wrong, but this what happens when you treat customers with contempt as you do. news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne… 1 week ago
- RT @HichamYezza: Fun fact: Diane Abbott's majority is as almost as big as Theresa May's entire vote. #BBCelection https://t.co/AHEK6EVWfg 1 week ago
Everything that’s here