Tony Blair is briefing that Saddam has fired the Iraqi commander in charge of air defence about Baghdad. We are supposed to draw the conclusion that the missiles that have hit civilians in Baghdad were stray Iraqi missiles.
En route to this conclusion, we are presumably also supposed to believe
a) that Saddam now cares so much for his people, he’s
b) prepared to fire commanders in the midst of battle for
c) mistakes that can only serve his own propaganda ends.
The suicide bombing tactic might presage the imminent creation by the US and UK of their very own pet West Bank and Gaza Strip concentrated on urban areas in Iraq. Could this conflict last years?
America’s top infantry commander, William Wallace: “The enemy we’re fighting is different from the one we’d war-gamed against.” (How terribly uncooperative of them.)
AboutThis is an unfocused catch-all personal blog written by a South African environmental journalist living in Cape Town. My professional blog is Leaves of language.
Random and best posts
- How to use as little cellular data as possible when tethering to your cellphone
- Misleading claims from 1 Life
- Being cheated by Afrihost ISP
- Resolving problems with Airport Express (first generation)
- WD passport drive not visible or mounting
- Airport Express not connecting to wifi network
- Buddhism and economics
- How to fight South African spam (uninvited bulk email)
- A care plan for living with bipolar depression – how you can help
- Notes on bipolar depression
- Bipolar disorder and why we hate taking the pills
- @Dropbox WTF? My Paper docs just not loading, whether in browser or iOS. 1 day ago
- Sweden’s biggest pension fund #divests cleantechnica.com/2017/06/18/swe… #climatechange 1 week ago
- @CapeTownTrains Violence wrong, but this what happens when you treat customers with contempt as you do. news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne… 2 weeks ago
Everything that’s here