According to the Japanese Automotive Manufacturers Association, which studied fuel use and CO2 emissions associated with different vehicle speeds, the optimal low-emissions speed at which to drive ranges between 40–90km/h (25-55mph).
AboutThis is an unfocused catch-all personal blog written by a South African environmental journalist living in Cape Town. My professional blog is Leaves of language.
Random and best posts
- Buddhism and economics
- How to fight South African spam (uninvited bulk email)
- A care plan for living with bipolar depression – how you can help
- Notes on bipolar depression
- Bipolar disorder and why we hate taking the pills
- Mitigating your abuse – a checklist for psychiatrists
- The tragic and unnecessary evil of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Fix for Macbook Air audio problem: no sound
- Three email rules
- Mountain Lion bug fix: a Mission Control frustration resolved
- Swedish disregard for due process in the Assange case?
- RT @FossilFreeUCT: Nigeria and #Shell have failed to clean up decades' old oil spills #karoofracking wired.co.uk/news/archive/2… @tkag @unearthed 1 week ago
- RT @UoG_FossilFree: #DivestGlasgow http://t.co/GhU6itWX74 1 week ago
Everything that’s here