According to the Japanese Automotive Manufacturers Association, which studied fuel use and CO2 emissions associated with different vehicle speeds, the optimal low-emissions speed at which to drive ranges between 40–90km/h (25-55mph).
AboutThis is a completely unfocused, random catch-all personal blog, written by a South African environmental journalist living in Cape Town. My professional blog is Leaves of language.
Random and best posts
- How to fight South African spam (uninvited bulk email)
- A care plan for living with bipolar depression – how you can help
- Notes on bipolar depression
- Bipolar disorder and why we hate taking the pills
- Mitigating your abuse – a checklist for psychiatrists
- The tragic and unnecessary evil of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Fix for Macbook Air audio problem: no sound
- Three email rules
- Mountain Lion bug fix: a Mission Control frustration resolved
- Swedish disregard for due process in the Assange case?
- Some notes on cutting out sugar, a chronic poison
- RT @SonyKapoor: The biggest risk of tacking action against #ClimateChange is… http://t.co/XjXkC3BhWC 23 hours ago
- RT @ThaliaHolmes: Check out the business section in the M&G today. http://t.co/aS6ADlaI35 5 days ago
- @ThaliaHolmes Superb article on the 'hidden billions', thanks #inequality mg.co.za/article/2014-0… 5 days ago
Everything that’s here