According to the Japanese Automotive Manufacturers Association, which studied fuel use and CO2 emissions associated with different vehicle speeds, the optimal low-emissions speed at which to drive ranges between 40–90km/h (25-55mph).
AboutThis is an unfocused catch-all personal blog written by a South African environmental journalist living in Cape Town. My professional blog is Leaves of language.
Random and best posts
- Buddhism and economics
- How to fight South African spam (uninvited bulk email)
- A care plan for living with bipolar depression – how you can help
- Notes on bipolar depression
- Bipolar disorder and why we hate taking the pills
- Mitigating your abuse – a checklist for psychiatrists
- The tragic and unnecessary evil of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Fix for Macbook Air audio problem: no sound
- Three email rules
- Mountain Lion bug fix: a Mission Control frustration resolved
- Swedish disregard for due process in the Assange case?
- @Vodacom @Vodacom111 @MTN @CellC So which of you lot is going to start offering ethical phones first? fairphone.com 3 days ago
- @Vodacom @Apple So why make us people/planet killers? when is #Vodacom bringing ethical cellphones to SA? fairphone.com 3 days ago
- Yes #divestment will take hold. Has to @wagingnv @FossilFreeUCT @350Africa @ferrial_adam @Greenpeaceafric @kuminaidoo wagingnonviolence.org/feature/will-f… 6 days ago
Everything that’s here