Another view from my flat. There are beautiful caves on Skildersgatkop, the little mountain seen here. I’ve clambered through them while out running, scattering outraged dassies. This was a winter sunset, the light effects quite astounding.
AboutThis is a completely unfocused, random catch-all personal blog, written by a South African environmental journalist living in Cape Town. My professional blog is Leaves of language.
Random and best posts
- How to fight South African spam (uninvited bulk email)
- A care plan for living with bipolar depression – how you can help
- Notes on bipolar depression
- Bipolar disorder and why we hate taking the pills
- Mitigating your abuse – a checklist for psychiatrists
- The tragic and unnecessary evil of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Fix for Macbook Air audio problem: no sound
- Three email rules
- Mountain Lion bug fix: a Mission Control frustration resolved
- Swedish disregard for due process in the Assange case?
- Some notes on cutting out sugar, a chronic poison
- @alicebows Got it, thank you. rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/369/19… 4 days ago
- Please sign before they try this - killing democracy - in #Africa campaigns.350.org/petitions/say-… via @350 #SouthAfrica #PeoplesChoice 6 days ago
- @TickyHD Re Nigella, if true, no more shame in drugs than in drinking (actually worse, say scientists) - society the problem 1 week ago
Everything that’s here