Another view from my flat. There are beautiful caves on Skildersgatkop, the little mountain seen here. I’ve clambered through them while out running, scattering outraged dassies. This was a winter sunset, the light effects quite astounding.
AboutThis is a completely unfocused, random catch-all personal blog, written by a South African environmental journalist living in Cape Town. My professional blog is Leaves of language.
Random and best posts
- Buddhism and economics
- How to fight South African spam (uninvited bulk email)
- A care plan for living with bipolar depression – how you can help
- Notes on bipolar depression
- Bipolar disorder and why we hate taking the pills
- Mitigating your abuse – a checklist for psychiatrists
- The tragic and unnecessary evil of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Fix for Macbook Air audio problem: no sound
- Three email rules
- Mountain Lion bug fix: a Mission Control frustration resolved
- Swedish disregard for due process in the Assange case?
- @attackerman "National security editor"? Your "reporting" amounts to little more to being a Pentagon mouthpiece. 10 hours ago
- RT @Jay_Naidoo: The financialization of the markets has enabled the 1% to cream the surplus of profits over the last 30 years.#Inequality 2 days ago
- RT @climateprogress: Do YOU breathe? thkpr.gs/1uSGG90 http://t.co/bJv6ZM4q66 2 days ago
Everything that’s here